Friday, April 22, 2011

Foody Friday - Peanut Butter Cookie Bars..and a Rabbit

I was in the mood for cookie bar cookies and found a very simple recipe and cooks.com. Yum, 9x9 inch pan of cookies came warm out of the oven and then frosted with peanut butter frosting!

I presented the yummy treat to my boys fully anticipating they would eat at least half the pan and I would probably get one or two and not feel guilty about eating too many.

Nope, they rejected them! What is wrong with my kids?
I ate the whole 9x9 pan of cookies in three days. And then I felt guilty for eating so much junk.

But they were goooood!


Peanut Butter Bar Cookies

1 c. flour
1 c. oatmeal
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 c. butter

Grease square 9 inch pan. Combine everything in a bowl and mix until crumbly. Press into pan. Bake 20-25 minutes at 350.

Peanut Butter Frosting

1/4 c. butter
 1 3/4 c. powdered sugar
2-3 T milk
1 t. vanilla
1/3 c. peanut butter

Cream soft butter and add, alternating, sugar and milk and vanilla. Then add peanut butter. Ice bar cookies.

Don't want to make frosting? I don't blame you. Buy some vanilla frosting at the store and mix in some crunchy peanut butter. Quick and easy.

Now, eat the whole pan so I don't feel quite so guilty.



As a snack for our play group this week we had peanut butter bunny sandwich with marshmallows for ears and ritz crackers for feet. A perfect snack for Sunday after church!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails