Monday, November 5, 2012

Sugar, Sugar ...Are you smarter than a 5th grader?

Yap came home from school the other day and asked if he could play a game on the computer that his teacher had shared with him at school. It's called Sugar, Sugar and now I'M addicted to it! It's a fun physics problem solving game for kids, suggested ages 3rd to 5th grade,  but, really, I have wasted sooo much time on this game. But I can use the excuse that it's making me smarter than a 5th grader! 


The premise of the game is this; as sugar falls out of the comma, you use your mouse to draw lines to funnel the sugar to fill up various cups on the screen. The first few levels are fairly straight forward. 


The higher up the levels you get the more difficult it becomes by adding color filters the sugar has to pass through before it gets to the cup and an anti gravity button that when pressed allows all the sugar particles to rise up. 


It took me a couple weeks before I finally mastered all 30 levels.
Some of them took quite a few tries and lots of thinking before I finally figured out the solutions. This game also teaches you a lot about the force of gravity too. 

Yesterday afternoon Yap and I were chilling on the couch, he had a fever, DR, Yip and Yahoo went for a drive. We spent a lot of time on Sugar, Sugar. It was a great way to spend a sick day. 

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails