Saturday, August 20, 2011

Corn in Black and White

I've had this little corn painting that I've been working on for a while. Sometimes I get frustrated when I start a painting or drawing because I'll start out with a concept or idea I want to express but because it sometimes takes so long and I get interrupted so often I feel like my train of thought gets lost and the work never gets to the point I want it to. But by the time I'm finished, I feel like I've lost the whole purpose I had in starting it in the first place. 


That was a big problem in this one because, although it is fairly simple in execution, it took me over a month to finish. Life gets busy, what can I say. The canvas size is probably only 6"x14" or so. Just guessing, I haven't measured it. 


Closeups. I like the idea of white on a color but I think I need to do more of these. 

I haven't reached the limit of what just white can achieve on a colored background. 


Suggestions? Comments? 

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails