Monday, December 31, 2012

Woo Hoo we have Snow, snow, SNOW!!!

We woke early to snow. Everyone was up and eating breakfast by 6:30 and out the door playing in the snow by 7:00. 
They. Were. Excited.


It wasn't even light out yet! 
I brought out the camera and was happy I did because I loved the effect of the blurry snow falling. 


I have been praying for snow/rain for months because we desperately need the moisture out here. It snowed all morning and we made the most out of it. 


The kids and I all bundled up right after breakfast and played for over an hour before we needed hot chocolate and popcorn to warm up. After a movie we bundled up again before lunch for more fun time. 





I was so excited to see the snow this morning because it was sticking to the ground. We've had a few snow flurries during December but the horizontal winds blew all the snow, I desperately wanted to fall in my garden, straight to Oklahoma. 

In fact the snow we had a couple weeks ago, weathermen were actually calling for blizzard conditions which made me think, being that I grew up in Indiana and all, that we'd be getting a foot of snow. In reality the snow we received barely covered the ground because the 50 mph winds blew it all away. So in Kansas wind determines blizzard conditions, not amount of snowfall. 


The morning light cast a soft blue over everything. So pretty. 








Being that we live in Kansas obviously we don't have hills. I had forgotten that we had sleds packed away in the garage from our trip to Colorado a couple years ago. Needless to say the kids were psyched to play with sleds. 






Even if they had to pull each other around. 


Okay Father Winter...anytime you want to dump another 2 inches, or 22 inches, of snow on us I promise I won't complain! 



2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! I can't believe you were out at 7 am playing in it!!!! We are getting more snow right now in Indiana and are supposed to get about 2 inches every other day or so. I'm stocked up on groceries so it can keep it up...as long as we keep power. Have you tried the snow ice cream yet?? Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness!! We made the snow ice cream after lunch and it was amazing! It reminded me of the homemade ice cream I used to make with my grandparents as a kid with the OLD hand crank ice cream maker. We are planning on making more tonight. I'm stocked up on groceries too but I think we are only getting snow for the next day or so. Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails