Saturday, February 23, 2013

Snow day food....super fast and kid friendly.


I love cooking. We've enjoyed seasoned popcorn, homemade hot chocolate and blueberry pancakes for dinner during our snow days. I really like to get my kids in the kitchen too but I don't always find recipes that are quick, easy and fun for them. I did find a couple that we used this weekend that were a big hit. 


Yip and Yahoo devoured these breakfast cookies; only two ingredients and healthy! 

Banana Oatmeal Cookies. 

2 ripe bananas
1 cup oatmeal

Mash together. Spray a cookie sheet. Drop by rounded spoonfuls and bake at 350 for 15 minutes. 



Then we made a HUGE batch of snow ice cream. Yip ate so much of this he started shivering! I refused to let him have any more until he went and put a sweatshirt on. I figured we had an entire foot of snow so we should make up a large bowl full, store it in the freezer and enjoy it once the snow is all gone.


Snow Ice Cream

About 8 cups of snow
Roughly 1 cup of milk
Somewhere around 1/2 cup of sugar
Splash or so of vanilla. 

Mix together and serve. 


What's your favorite snack to indulge in on a cold snowy day? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails