Monday, January 14, 2013

The Spiderman/No Girls/No Shoes Fort

Since Christmas Yip has made good use of his five rolls of duct tape.  I don't keep track but I wouldn't be surprised if he has already used up three of them already! Yip thought he needed a much bigger box than he was able to find in our house or at the recycling garage down the street so he decided to talk to the owner of the hardware store (down the other street), who also happens to sell appliances. 

And a very happy little boy came down the street shortly after hauling a large dryer box! (ahem, I have neglected to mention to him that the hardware store would probably be willing to give him many more such boxes if he would ask.) 

Yip and Yap pretty much have the run of the basement of our house. A lot of times they will disappear into what we affectionately describe as their "cave" for hours at a time. 


Yip and Yap, mostly Yip, has been working on this "house" for about the past week. (And arguing with their little sister to stay out of it! Oh, the yelling that's come from the basement!!) I hadn't really taken a good look at it lately but as I was cleaning their wreck of a basement this morning I noticed some of the details. 


First, a no shoe sign. I guess he really takes pride in the cleanliness of his house. I wish he'd take that much pride in mine! :)


And a window curtain from a t-shirt. He's made a duct tape curtain rod that runs through the sleeves of the shirt then it can slide from side to side. 


This was kind of hard to take a photo of but this is the ceiling of the inside of his house. The black cardboard is a trap door...


....to his attic. It was really hard for me to get in and take a picture of this but sometimes he stores toys and his rolls of duct tape up there. 


This was the newest addition to his house. The spider man mural!! How cool! I knew he was working on this drawing all Sunday afternoon but I just love that he put it in his house and that he built the orange spider web...AWESOME!! 


I'm softening up to the idea of an addition to his house.
Maybe I'll surprise him with a new box today when he gets home from school! 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Looks like someone has some art genes coming out to play! My girls are loving their "girly" duct tape collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just LOVE all the different duct tapes out there. If they weren't so darn expensive, and if I didn't use so much, I'd fill a whole cabinet with them!

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails