Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Photo of the Day - The Same Name


A few weeks ago the kids and I went back to Indiana for a family reunion. As we arrived this elderly relative was just getting out of the car. I remember seeing her at family gatherings when I was younger but honestly didn't know her name or how we were related. When she saw Yahoo her eyes lit up!

"Is that the baby who has the same name as me?" she asked.

They have the same first name and I never knew it! We had named Yahoo after my great grandmother on my mother's side of the family, the only person I knew of with Yahoo's name and here I had a second relative with the same name on dad's side of the family!

It was so much fun watching this older woman watch Yahoo. I think this little toddler just made her day!

1 comment:

  1. That is such a sweet post! How interesting that two relatives share her name.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails