Thursday, March 28, 2013

I haven't fallen off the edge of the Earth, I swear!

I really am alive. Honestly. 
Life has just gotten so darn busy that blogging is on the back burner. 

It's Holy Week and that's been keeping me busy with church stuff. We had an Easter egg hunt this afternoon and had over 60 kids show up! 60!! That's more than our average Sunday attendance. I have another couple of church projects coming up that hopefully I'll get to blog about. 

I've began the huge project of painting the interior of my house...every room but the bathrooms. I hope I don't get bored before I get everything painted. 


Check out the 7 ft. shelves I built for all of my photo frames! Isn't that so much better than a hundred new nail holes in the wall? I found the plans here.  Dang, they were so quick and easy to build that now I'm seeing places all over the house where I could put shelves like this. I could use them for books, toys, kitchen stuff...endless possibilities! 


One room painted, seven to go. 

It's been a couple weeks since our family spent a few days in Kansas City and I still had a few more photos to share of our trip. I know, I'm way behind. 

Kansas City has a Legoland and it was a big hit with our kids. We were there for three hours and we were exhausted by the time we were done! Check out the Lego Wizard of Oz land! 


The Emerald City. 


Dorothy's house raised up and spun around. 


Munchkin land and the yellow brick road. 


Yahoo was never too interested in Legos until she found that there were pink Friends Legos. She's been building with her new Legos all week. I've found though, that even though Yahoo (a girl) and her brother Yap both play with Legos they play very differently! Boys build lego cars, towers, wars but little girls build backdrops so their Lego figures can have conversations. 



Lego land had a big section where the kids built cars and rolled them down a variety of ramps. I'm not sure if  Yap barely left this section! He LOVED building bigger and better cars. 





Walking on a pit of Legos? That looks tortuous to me...how do kids do it? 


Lego land was a bit pricy but considering how crazy our kids are for Legos and, we were there for three hours, I think it was worth it. 

I'm still alive, just really busy with all kinds of different projects. But I'll blog when I can!! 

2 comments:

  1. We do not have ANY Legos in the house! I think the girls would love them, but I am just too focused on the day when I won't have a bunch of "pieces toys" all over the place. I'm just thankful that most of our Barbies still have matching shoes and accessories!

    Totally hear you about being too darned busy. Trying to stop the madness; looks like I will start to get a grip right before planting starts! Go figure!

    Hugs and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Easter! Yeah, the teeny tiny pieces of toys drive me crazy. But i've given up trying to keep them all together. I have a box i throw random little pieces of toys I find.

      Yeah, just when I think life is going to slow down I get another project to do!

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails