Sunday, April 26, 2015

The Moving Jitters


Twelve days....just TWELVE more DAYS! 

In twelve days I'll be moving out of the Southwest Kansas house that we've called home for almost five years to move in with my husband. I know that saying "I'm moving in with my husband" sounds weird...and it is weird...but that's how I feel. 

DR moved into our new house (not a home yet) the week before Easter. The only furniture he has are camping chairs, an air mattress and bar stools that he got at a garage sale this weekend. We've been apart for almost 6 months only seeing one another about every two weeks. We've come up with this weird routine over 6 months of seeing each other only occasionally. We save up doing the fun stuff like movies and shopping trips for when Dad is home. I miss my husband but I have to admit that there are certain aspects that I really enjoy about him not being around. I have less messes to clean up! I have a whole bed to myself...that's going to take some getting used to. I have one less person complaining about eating vegetables at dinner. Moving in with my husband is going to be a little weird. 


It's weird because he's been living in this house for a month by the time we get there. I can't help but kind of think of it as his space and the house we are in now is my space. I'm confident that we'll blend back together just fine (after all we've moved enough times I have this moving thing down pat) but I'm still nervous. 

I'm nervous about living in a subdivision with so many neighbors. I'm nervous about moving from a town of 900 to 4500. I'm nervous about the first baseball game Yip will play a week after we move there. I'm nervous about not making friends. I'm kind of a loner and not very good at just putting myself out there in social situations. 

But mostly I'm really nervous about leaving Montezuma this AMAZING community. Small and strong. A place that I feel I was completely embraced by. My boys have lived half their lives here and Yahoo has lived 4 1/2 of her 6 years here. All the school friends they've ever had are here. This may very well be the hardest move we've had to make. Though we are moving to Kansas City and many friends here get up there to the city often, I am nervous that there are some of these wonderful people I may never see again. 

So it's not really the house or the place or even moving back in with my husband that I'm nervous about but I'm nervous about friendships. Friendships are always a risk and I'm throwing a wrench in a lot of relationships right now. I sure hope I can make them survive. So..I'm nervous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! I try to reply to every one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails